The Exchange Club of Greater Newburyport would like to express our appreciation for all who contributed to a most successful 2017 “Field of Honor” on the Bartlet Mall.
Our up-front sponsors were:
- The Institution for Savings Charitable Foundation
- The Newburyport Five Cents Savings
- Ned and Patty McGrath
- Kathleen Bailey
- Stone Ridge Properties Charitable Foundation
- Murphy Construction Company, Inc.
- Ipswich Bay Glass Company
- Darling Consulting Group
- Paul C. Rogers & Sons
- Port Paint N’ Paper
- The Blanchette Financial Group
- Timberline Enterprises, LLC
- Frank LaBarba of Nick’s Pizza
- Essex Street Inn
- Stem Chemicals, Inc.
- Arthur S. Page Insurance
- Haverhill Bank
- Keiver-Willard Lumber Corp.
- Fred and Mary Palen
- Ancient Order of Hibernians (Division 1)
- Seaport Signworks
- Henry C. Becker Custom Building, Ltd.
In-kind sponsors of goods and services were:
- Domino’s Pizza
- Dugan Supply
- WJOP 96.3 FM
- Amesbury Industrial
- The Black Duck Market and Deli
- Shaw’s Supermarket
- Panera Bread
- R.A. Nock Middle School
- P.A. Wilkinson
- Chococoa Baking Company
- Bill and Gretchen O’Halloran
- Bucciarelli’s Butcher Shop and Deli
- Immaculate Conception School
- Abraham’s Bagels and Pizza Bakery
- Dunkin’ Donuts (Storey Avenue).
Ceremony participants were:
- Emcee Mary Sortal
- The U.S. Coast Guard Honor Guard
- Major Todd Hughes of the Salvation Army
- Soloist Ann Ormand of the Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Mayor Donna Holaday
- Veterans Affairs Officer Kevin Hunt
- Original sponsor Richie Eaton of the Newburyport Five Cents Savings
- State Senator Kathleen O’Connor Ives
- State Representative James Kelcourse of the First Essex District
- State Representative Leonard Mirra of the Second Essex District
- Keynote Speaker Richard MacCallum of the Pease Greeters who is a veteran of both WWII and the Korean War
- Fusco family of West Newbury in recognition of departed Exchange Club member Anthony J. Fusco
- “Book of Golden Deeds” recipients, Lucien and Judy Lacroix
Special thanks go to the Merrimack Valley Concert Band, which played patriotic medleys throughout the program under a grant from the Newburyport Cultural Council.
In addition to club members, readers of the “Verbal Wall” included:
- Ted Jones
- Councilor Ed Cameron
- Past National Exchange Club President Bob Harb
- Richie Eaton
- Councilor Bob Cronin
- Mark Quinlan
- Judy Lacroix
- Lucien Lacroix
- Peter Zoltai
- Councilor Charlie Tontar.
- Ted Jones
- Sue Hines
- Holly Shay
- Pam Girardi
- Julia Collins
- Heather Estep
- Andy Griffith
filled in at the flag sales booth.
Also making the event possible was the Essex County Sheriff’s Department, which provided labor in setting up the flags, the Newburyport Department of Public Works, which set up the stage and provided Mall maintenance, and the Newburyport Fire Department, which provided night lighting and a representative unit at the ceremony itself.
Finally, deepest appreciation goes to all those who purchased flags to honor those who have served, whether military, fire, police, EMT or personal hero.
All proceeds from the “Field of Honor” go to the club charity account to provide services in the areas of Americanism, prevention of child abuse, youth activities and general community service.
As always, we appreciate the continued support.