WELCOME TO THE EXCHANGE CLUB OF GREATER NEWBURYPORT!!
WHAT IS EXCHANGE?
Exchange is an all-volunteer national service organization for men and women who want to serve their communities, develop leadership skills, and enjoy new friendships. The first formal club was organized in 1911 by Charles A. Berkey, a Detroit wholesale jeweler. Four existing Exchange Clubs were incorporated into the National Exchange Club in 1917 in Toledo, Ohio. Today, Exchange is made up of some 700 clubs and 25,000 members throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
The focus of Exchange is the prevention of child abuse, through both financial support and direct service. The Exchange Club also provides other community services as local clubs see the need. In addition, Exchange celebrates the spirit and ideals of American citizenship.